The Purple Allergen plan Accredited by HABC
Level 1 equivalent
Developed by Jacqui McPeake, this programme is aimed at all catering staff to enhance their allergen awareness. The programme will increase their knowledge of allergen management and will offer practical solutions to managing allergens in the workplace.
The programme is delivered as a workshop so that if required, participants may focus more on one particular module. Therefore, the content may vary depending on the depth of the learner’s starting knowledge.
maximum number of attendees – 24
Learners on this programme will be a minimum of 18 years of age and will be working in, or have had experience of, a catering environment.
- Policy – does the business have an allergen policy
- Understanding of handling allergens
- Risks assessments & control measures
- Process management
- Legal responsibilities
- Engagement covering positive allergen communication culture
- Quiz to test the knowledge learnt
Half day classroom-based training, 4 hours approx. timings to suit
For detailed summary of the course please click the button below